[Jobinfo] Fwd: [Members] [General] Assistant/Associate Professor of Visual Computing @ TU Delft

Mon Sep 11 09:15:34 CEST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Members] [General] Assistant/Associate Professor of Visual
Computing @ TU Delft
Date: 	Fri, 8 Sep 2017 12:18:00 +0200
From: 	eurographics@eg.org
To: 	general@eg.org

Assistant/Associate Professor of Visual Computing @ TU Delft

Deadline: 25 September, 2017

The Department of Intelligent Systems at Delft University of Technology
is looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor in the field of visual
computing, which can include the areas of computer graphics, computer
vision, image processing, display technology, virtual and augmented
reality, high-performance computing, fabrication, data-driven solutions,
and perceptual methods.

The Assistant/Associate Professor will supervise PhD students, interns,
and Bachelor’s and Master’s students, and will teach at the BSc and MSc
levels. In particular, the candidate is expected to have expertise in
and participate in the teaching of 3D Computer Graphics. The appointee
will also be responsible for management tasks, acquisition of research
projects, and valorisation.

A Tenure Track, a process leading up to a permanent appointment with the
prospect of becoming an Associate or full Professor, offers young,
talented academics a clear and attractive career path. During the Tenure
Track, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally
acknowledged and recognised academic. We offer a structured career and
personal development programme designed to offer individual academics as
much support as possible. For more information about the Tenure Track
and the personal development programme, please visit
www.tudelft.nl/tenuretrack.

Requirements

The candidate we seek is a motivated and dedicated researcher. The
candidate holds a PhD degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. computer
science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering). Additionally,
the candidate should:

• be a team player. Experience in initiating and participating in
(international) research programmes and in collaborative projects with
scientific/industrial partners is an advantage.

• be an enthusiastic teacher with the motivation to engage in the
educational environment and an openness towards modern teaching
methodologies.

• preferably, have experience with different application domains and a
keen eye for technical and scientific solutions.

• have proficiency in English of at least level C1-II (a certificate is
not needed).

Conditions of employment

A tenure-track position is offered for six years. Based on performance
indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will
be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position.

The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for
health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs
contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International
Children’s Centre offers childcare and an international primary school.
Dual Career Services offers support to accompanying partners. Salary and
benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for
Dutch Universities.

The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the
teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency.

Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than
five years of experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate,
we allow you up to three years to obtain this.

For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Elmar
Eisemann, phone: +31 (0)15-2782528, e-mail: e.eisemann@tudelft.nl. To
apply, please e-mail a detailed CV that includes a list of publications,
contact information of at least three scientists whom we can contact for
letters of recommendation, and a research and teaching statement along
with a letter of application as well as copies of your three most
significant articles, by 25th of September 2017 to A.J. Prummel,
Hr-eemcs@tudelft.nl.

When applying for this position, please refer to vacancy number EWI2017-23.

Employer

Delft University of Technology

Delft University of Technology (the TU Delft) is a multifaceted
institution offering education and carrying out research in the
technical sciences at an internationally recognised level. Education,
research and design are strongly oriented towards applicability. The TU
Delft develops technologies for future generations, focusing on
sustainability, safety and economic vitality. At the TU Delft you will
work in an environment where technical sciences and society converge.
The TU Delft comprises eight faculties, unique laboratories, research
institutes and schools.

Department

Electrical Engineering, Mathematics Computer Science

The Department of Intelligent Systems (INSY) conducts research on
processing, interpretation and securing of data. Our aim is to enable
man and machine to deal with the increasing volume and complexity of
data and communication. We have a strong focus on security, multimedia,
and health sciences. The Department pursues its mission by combining
fundamental research, engineering and design approaches to model- and
knowledge-based methods and algorithms. We actively seek research and
technology-transfer collaboration with international scientific peers,
companies, and societal organisations.

For additional information, please contact

Elmar Eisemann

+31 (0)15-2782528

e.eisemann@tudelft.nl