[Jobinfo] Fwd: [Ieee_vis_open_positions] FW: Postdoctoral Fellowship at HASTAC

Thu May 2 08:54:32 CEST 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Ieee_vis_open_positions] FW: Postdoctoral Fellowship at HASTAC
Date: 	Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:00:21 -0400
From: 	Christopher Collins <Christopher.Collins@uoit.ca>
To: 	ieee_vis_open_positions@listserv.uni-tuebingen.de
<ieee_vis_open_positions@listserv.uni-tuebingen.de>

*Please reply to David Sparks if interested, address below.*

**

*From: *David Sparks <d.sparks@duke.edu <mailto:d.sparks@duke.edu>>
*Date: *Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:40 AM
*To: *David Sparks <d.sparks@duke.edu <mailto:d.sparks@duke.edu>>
*Cc: *"Cathy N. Davidson" <cathy.davidson@duke.edu
<mailto:cathy.davidson@duke.edu>>
*Subject: *HASTAC Post-Doc Opportunity

Hello,

I read with great interest the recent HASTAC forum on Visualization
Across Disciplines
<http://hastac.org/forums/visualization-across-disciplines>, and I
wanted to write to you to make you aware of a great
visualization-related opportunity (see attached PDF, or at hastac.org
<http://hastac.org/opportunities/hastac-seeking-postdoctoral-scholar-nsf-eager-social-network-data-grant-0>),
as well as to ask for your help in passing it along.

I am currently working with HASTAC as the NSF EAGER-grant-funded
post-doc, tasked with studying the HASTAC network
<http://hastac.org/blogs/dsparks> itself, using any and all tools,
including social network analysis, data visualization, survey
questionnaires, and ethnography. I will be leaving my position this
summer, and we are very much hoping to find someone to continue the work
I have begun.

Given your interest in data visualization, and your connections with
others with similar interests, I wanted to ask if you yourself would be
interested in the post-doc position, or whether you know someone who
might be. Please, if you know someone with a passion for data analysis,
interdisciplinary collaboration, or HASTAC itself, let them know about
this opportunity. Also feel free to pass it along via Twitter or though
mailing lists. If you have any questions about the nature of the
position, or the work that has already been started, please do not
hesitate to contact me at d.sparks@duke.edu <mailto:d.sparks@duke.edu>.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,

David

David B. Sparks, PhD

HASTAC NSF EAGER Postdoctoral Fellow

Duke University